Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Now With Metadata!

I added Dublin Core metadata to the blog, can't you see the difference? : ) If you would like to see the metadata, click on View > Page Source in your Firefox browser, or View > Source in Internet Explorer. The LCSH applied to this blog may need some work.

An add-on for Firefox that allows you to see metadata more conveniently is the Dublin Core Viewer. Now, I can automatically detect and view metadata. This should please my cataloguing professors :)

I used the Dublin Core Metadata Template, but I admit that the page was last updated in 1998, so I checked the Dublin Core user guide "Using Dublin Core", and I think that the metadata for this blog is solid, but email me if you have any suggestions.

In the next post, I will add Google Maps to the blog, and I may even create a Map that displays the major conference events and locations in Ottawa.

---------
Photograph: Guarding the entrance to Parliament are these lions carved in stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home