Thursday, June 15, 2006

Breakfast Most Important Meal

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! As a first-timer, I went to the breakfast. Barbara Clubb, the CLA President spoke to us about the CLA could do for us, and what we could do for the CLA. She gave many tips about how to make the most of a conference, but there were two that I wrote down: (1) bring and exchange business cards; and (2) have a "30-second elevator speech prepared." The "elevator speech" idea was meant to make us aware that we could all find ourselves next to an important public figure in the elevator, and we should be ready to advocate for libraries. If only I had thought about preparing a 30-second elevator speech prior to coming to the CLA Conference, then I would have said something more profound than "wow" to Stephen and Avi Lewis who I met before getting on an elevator : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home